TEXAS – As the holiday season approaches, you may be spending a little more time (and money) on travel this year as Americans are expected to hit the road in record numbers.
- The American Farm Bureau estimates that the average Thanksgiving dinner for ten will cost $49.12, on average, a 1.5 percent decrease from 2016.
- Regionally, dinner for ten will remain lower than the national average at $46.75, a 4.3 percent drop over 2016.
- This year with total retail sales are expected to increase 4 percent to $682 billion.
- E-commerce and mobile sales are expected to grow by 11-15 percent, but the lion's share of spending will take place in brick-and-mortar stores.
- Holiday shoppers are expected to spend an average of $967.13 this year.